I need to rant/vent a bit. I just saw a personal slam on someone’s blog and since I can’t respond directly to him, I’m going to take the passive/aggressive route and vent here.
This rant is about a ‘pro’ cyclist…well, he just turned pro which means that he must know what he’s doing right? Well, apparently, we have continually ‘stolen’ race wins from him. After some research, here is what I found:
- He has ridden through the finish line on a cool down lap, was scored on that later lap per the officials, and then protested. (This happened more than once).
- He did not pass through the finish, but still expected to be scored
- He put his cables in front of his plate and expected the officials and us to score him correctly.
Is this how a pro rides? Really?
Having worked with true pros, here is what I have found:
- Pros DO NOT ride through the finish unless they are finishing (with the exception of criteriums or short tracks)
- Pros KNOW where the finish is even when they are ‘bleeding out of their eyeballs’ (thanks Dave Towle for that one!)
- They want their money and do everything possible to make sure their numbers (body, frame, helmet, bib, whatever) is legible…especially at the finish
MFK a pro? I think not…